(01983) 290 718
Prospect House
Prospect Road
Cowes  Isle of Wight  PO31 7AD

About us / Services
Group notices
Jobs / Apply online
Personal budgets
Personal Budgets

A way to arrange your care and support which is designed to make sure the help you receive suits you as an individual

How does it work?

Comments from some of our service users and their families
“I am very well looked after”

“They are kind lovely people”

“They have changed my life for the better”

“Staff arrived on time and stayed for the correct length of time”

“Our privacy and dignity is respected by staff”

“Staff are punctual and care staff sent to us know how to look after us”

If you find every day tasks difficult or need help with personal care, you may be able to get help and support in your home and with getting out and about. The first thing to do is contact your local council’s social services department and ask for an assessment of your needs. If you have a disability or if they can offer a service that you might need, you have the right to an assessment.

A social care needs assessment will usually take place in your home and be carried out by social services staff – usually a social worker or Care Manager. Before your assessment, think about the things you want to talk about and the difficulties you face, and make a list. For example, you may require help getting dressed or undressed, washing or bathing, preparing a meal, or getting out of your home to join in with activities.

The person carrying out the assessment should discuss your care and support needs with you so you are able to decide what services might be suitable for you.

Will I have to contribute?

Depending on your income and savings, you may have to pay towards your care, following a financial assessment you will be means- tested to see if you need to contribute or not.

A personal budget is an agreed amount of money that you can use to arrange and pay for your care and support,The amount that you get depends on the needs identified in your support plan and can alter as your needs change, following an assessment of your needs.

If you are offered a personal budget you can arrange to receive this money in a number of ways, including
  • a direct payment which is paid into an account for you
  • a account managed by social services which should be spent in line with your wishes, you may be provided with a type of debit card to draw the money out of your account
  • a trust held on your behalf by your private carer, friend or family member
If you are arranging your own care, the local authority must still check regularly that you are getting the correct amount of care and support and that you are not at risk.

At Carefirst IW Ltd we have team of people who are able to build a person centred care plan tailored to meet your needs and wishes within your budget

For further details or to arrange a no obligation home visit to discuss your needs please feel free to contact us we are here to help you.
We're here to help... Ring now on (01983) 290 718
Copyright © 2009